After a brief break there is something interesting to write. (I have very less time to write this and the flow and spellings are to be execused. Only the fact to be considered)
Its about my experience of SPJIMR interview in Mumbai on 16th of this month. Though i heard about the institution and course sometime before, the alumnus nor the pedagogy did not inspire me much to take a plunge into it. Reality bites :) after my GMAT and considering the age factor, obviously there is a reduction in aspiration level. Was in Fuzzy mode about applying and retaking, when My friend A told about this and asked to give a try. As expected was called for test on 26th Jul and surprisingly cleared the SPJIMR test.Its not so hard, but the IQ questions are really challenging.
After a week of the test, got a call for the interview from SPJIMR in Mumbai,I have been to Mumbai but only on transit and this is the first time into the city. SPJIMR was not too far, just about 5km from the airport. I was very apprehensive about the interview for the fact that the elective I have opted is out of my current industry and a new field of study. Reached at around 8 AM everything was fine till 0930, and this is the time I realized that I missed my certificate file safe at home in bangalore. For as minute everything went blank. The fact that i am here for an interview and the fact that sole purpose of me being here only to show off my file deterred me much. The only thing i could thing of is asking my friend who is luckily at home to send the marksheets through fax and did the same. By now I am so confident that I totally lost everything and there is nothing could be done. for a moment i thought of coming back immediateky, but the fact that i have traveled more than 1000 km made me attend the test and interview which foollowed it.
SPJIMR TEST & INTERVIEW:
There is a written test for 45 mins where a case study will be given based on the course of study opted and 15 mins for an essay. Again, the case study is not so easy to understand for the fact that its totally out of my field made it harder for me. But the essay was so smooth. Essay is about explaining about why MBA and your carrier so far and another about one of your non-academic failure and learnings from them. This was followed by an interview, I would say that the interview is not so hard for the fact that my mindset now has become to finish everything soon and wanna leave back home. After Interview was told that there is another round of interview with the Dean, by the time i wen for the second interview there are already 15 to 20 people waiting and after an hour of arduous wait went in and had a discussion for about 10 mins with the dean. I can't say anything about the interview as it went more like a discussion rather than Question and answer.
After the first interview i told that i don't have any documents to submit, the lady whos organizing the interview was so cool that she confirmed that it should not be a problem and i can submit the documents in later date.
Now waiting for the interview results to proceed further. One good thing about this trip is i got some new friends and got to to know about their industry.
Facts :
Number of Persons attended interview : around 60
First round of interview is an elimination round
Questions in the interview is focussed or knowing more about the person and the why the intention to do MBA.
Total process took about 4 hours.
I saw people who requested for change in time slot for the interview and granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ur memory has failed u once more :)
Un gyabaga marathiku alavae ila!
Post a Comment