Saturday, August 4, 2007

Mixed Feeling

Of Late I started noticing something weird in my laptops' behaviour, it has become annoyingly slow, it freezes intermittently and the incubus blue screen frequented often. it was fine all these days i dont know what went wrong suddendly,i am worried. Its P4 1.6Ghz, with 512 RAM running XP Professional.

Lot of ideas and suggestions from my friends,along with some of my own innovations to get it back to normal were in vain, no use tweaking msconfig, BIOS and what not,but it din't budge.


Finally last week it broke out the message, My HDD was identified with some Bad Clusters and after a series of marathon tests and scans XP isolated the Bad cluster and restored my laptop. Now when I googled to get infomation about, bad clusters and the steps to get rid of them I discovered that it is impossible to get it restored and when I still went deep in about the technical information of bad clusters I came across wonderful Katy's site. There are lot more technical stuffs discussed here and its a feast for geeks.

Finally the justification of title comes here, if my laptop is crashed, I may return back to India, as I have no business staying here :)( .

1 comment:

Varun said...

Crash ur notebook soon and come back to india man... :)